Theme by nostrich.
Photo reblogged from Kalen blogs now. with 217 notes
Reblog if you agree!
Although this reads more like a guide to ritualistic sacrifice, it’s actually a fairly decent guide on how to make a film. Especially the t-shirts part.
Photo reblogged from fifty year old pinky swear with 15 notes
Bengladesh / 1983 - Índia . Foto: Steve McCurry
Video reblogged from Kalen blogs now. with 33,325 notes
This isnt even a half bad idea
Quote reblogged from Kalen blogs now. with 64,840 notes
Go into the arts. I’m not kidding. The arts are not a way to make a living. They are a very human way of making life more bearable. Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow , for heaven’s sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possibly can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something.
Hey everybody, first original post in a while.
Last year I started a blog where I publish short stories. One or two every month or so (I’m committed, I swear), and just now I posted to latest one.
If you like the story, I’d encourage you to share the site and any stories you like.
Photo reblogged from The New Yorker with 153 notes
Sarah Larson on discovering the music of Devon Sproule: http://nyr.kr/1tRGo2y
“Who was this? It wasn’t a revolutionary sound—it amazed me because it was great. An acoustic guitar, and then a young woman’s voice, warm, confident, gentle, singing, ‘It’s good to get out of the house.’ There was no barrier between it and me—I loved it immediately.”
Photograph by Philip Ryalls/Redferns via Getty.
I read this and immediately looked up her music. Best choice I’ve made in the past hour. Friedrichshain’s streets will rain with the sounds of this from my balcony tonight.
The hours between 12am and 6am
have a funny habit of making you feel
like you’re either on top of the world,
or under it.
Photo reblogged from Kalen blogs now. with 14,236 notes
i love cinematography more than i love my own family so here’s a list of 50 incredibly beautiful movies!! some of them are fantastic, some are so bad the cinematography barely redeems them, but they’re all worth watching. i tried to find the most high-quality streaming links available, but if you have a problem with shitty video quality you should probably just rent the dvd like a law-abiding citizen. (director of photography’s name in parenthesis)
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (Geoffrey Unsworth)
- Amelie (Bruno Delbonnel)
- American Beauty (Conrad Hall)
- Antiviral (Karim Hussain)
- The Assassination of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford (Roger Deakins)
- Black Swan (Matthew Libatique)
- Blade Runner (Jordan Cronenweth)
- Brother, Where Art Thou? (Roger Deakins)
- Capote (Adam Kimmelote)
- Children of Men (Emmanuel Lubezki)
- Citizen Kane (Gregg Toland)
- Days of Heaven (Néstor Almendros, Haskell Wexler)
- Double Indemnity (John F. Seitz)
- Drive (Newton Thomas Sigel)
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (Ellen Kuras)
- The Fall (2006) (Colin Watkinson)
- Fargo (Roger Deakins)
- The Game (Harris Savides)
- The Godfather (Gordon Willis)
- Gravity (Emmanuel Lubezki)
- Hunger (Sean Bobbitt)
- Inception (Wally Pfister)
- Inside Llewyn Davis (Bruno Delbonnel)
- Lawrence of Arabia (F.A. Young)
- Life of Pi (Claudio Miranda)
- Lost in Translation (Lance Acord)
- Memoirs of a Geisha (Dion Beebe)
- The Mirror (Georgi Rerberg)
- Moonrise Kingdom (Robert Yeoman)
- No Country For Old Men (Roger Deakins)
- Nostalghia (Giuseppe Lanci)
- Only God Forgives (Larry Smith)
- Pan’s Labyrinth (Guillermo Navarro)
- Rear Window (Robert Burks)
- Samsara (Ron Fricke)
- Schindler’s List (Janusz Kamiński)
- Se7en (Darius Khondji)
- The Shawshank Redemption (Roger Deakins)
- The Shining (John Alcott)
- Skyfall (Roger Deakins)
- Slumdog Millionaire (Anthony Dod Mantle)
- The Social Network (Jeff Cronenweth)
- Taxi Driver (Michael Chapman)
- The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (Janusz Kamiński)
- There Will Be Blood (Robert Elswit)
- The Third Man (Robert Krasker)
- The Tree of Life (Emmanuel Lubezki)
- True Grit (2010) (Roger Deakins)
- The Wrestler (Maryse Alberti)
- Zodiac (Harris Savides)
Video reblogged from A Terrible Time For All Involved with 100,556 notes
If you are still looking for the song of the summer, STOP LOOKING. I have found it for you.
- Her name is Kiesza. She is Canadian.
- She is a classically trained ballet dancer.
- She was a codebreaker in the Canadian Navy.
- The song is called Hideaway. It is the jam to end all jams.
- The song is bringing back C+C Music Factory 90s house realness.
- This is going to be huge.
Y’all take care.
So I knew 10 seconds into this song I was going to reblog it.
Holy shit that was good!
Dance videos. Always.
Video reblogged from A Terrible Time For All Involved with 62,273 notes
thank you kanye
So fuckin important
Kanye speaks many truths.
Page 1 of 101